Why IBM Power Systems?
Gain competitive advantage with Power solutions
Cognitive systems on Power transform how organizations think, act, and operate with future technologies that leverage language, hypothesis generation and evidence-based learning.
The IBM Business Partner Application Showcase features solutions from IBM Business Partners and IBM with proven success in industries, specialties, and product areas.
The Capacity Backup offerings are designed to give clients flexible and economic options for high availability and disaster recovery needs for deploying business continuity operations.
The Power Systems Difference
Power Systems are always built for the most demanding, data-intensive, computing on earth. Our cloud-ready servers help you unleash insight from your data pipeline – from managing mission-critical data, to managing your operational data stores and data lakes, to delivering the best server for cognitive computing. With industry leading reliability and security, our infrastructure is designed to crush the most data-intensive workloads imaginable.
Power Systems Solutions
Accelerate business opportunity and growth with Power. IBM Power Systems promote innovation with solutions for modern open technology. Power solutions are transforming big data and analytics, cloud and modern data platform technology into competitive advantage for organizations of all sizes and industry types.
PowerAI makes deep learning, machine learning, and AI more accessible and more performant. By combining this software platform for deep learning with IBM Power Systems, enterprises can rapidly deploy a fully optimized and supported platform for machine learning with blazing performance. The PowerAI platform includes the most popular machine learning frameworks and their dependencies, and it is built for easy and rapid deployment. PowerAI requires installation on IBM Power Systems S822LC for HPC server infrastructure
- Distributed as easy to install binaries
- Includes all dependencies and libraries and most ML/DL frameworks
- Easy updates: code updates arrive via repository
- Validated deep learning platform with each release
- Built for superior interfaces to unlock larger DL datasets
- Dedicated support teams for deep learning
- Flexibility to run additional applications
“IBM i is our platform of choice. Its reliability has had a great impact on production. It allows us 99% uptime with the other 1% being maintenance.”— Fortune 500 Retail Company
Power Systems Software
The foundation of any smoothly operating environment is responsive, open-standards-based management tools on a secure, hardened platform. Power Systems software provides OpenStack-based management, open source automation, and solutions for benchmark availability and security.
Power Systems Hardware
Future-forward infrastructures that are cloud-ready and cognitive-connected for building a next-generation cloud your way. Power systems hardware offers businesses the fastest, simplest way to deploy industry-leading deep learning frameworks. Get enterprise-class support to fuel new thinking and capabilities across your organization.
Power Systems Operating Systems
Run your enterprise with the right operating system. IBM Power Systems is the optimal platform to support business critical workloads at the lowest cost. With 2X the performance of the previous generation it can manage your most important applications while processing more data with fewer cores – driving down software license costs and lowering TCO.
- AIX – The future of UNIX - AIX exploits decades of IBM technology innovation and is designed to provide the highest level of performance, security and reliability of any UNIX operating system.
- IBM I – A system designed for Business - IBM i running on IBM Power Systems offers a highly scalable and robust architecture with a proven reputation for exceptional business resilience and lower operational costs.
- Linux – Industry standard, solutions tuned to the task - Linux on Power offers choice and flexibility to scale your business. With industry standard Linux from Canonical, Red Hat, SUSE, optimize your workloads for emerging business challenges.